- We meet you at your home and listen to your needs and ideas. Open communication is the key to a wonderful remodeling experience, so ask questions, voice your opinions, and tell us what you are thinking.
- We take pictures, notes, and measurements in order to prepare a preliminary design.
- Depending upon the size and complexity of the remodel or addition, we will either draw up plans in-house or have our architect draw up plans.
- We check the zoning requirements and restrictions.
- Once we have design options and budget options prepared, we schedule another meeting to review the design
- When the plans are just right, and the permits are on a front window, work begins.
- You will be able to get in touch with us throughout the job. Communication is the most important tool when we are on a job. Our goal is to complete the job with the least amount of disruptiveness to your life as possible, so you and your family can enjoy the new space.
What to expect
Expect Improvement Zone to secure building plans, permits, provide all labor & materials, cleanup the debris and, of course, guarantee the work. Expect it to be busy. The crews and subcontractors will be at your home every day there is work to be done. They bring their trucks and their tools – and some of them are big and noisy. Sometimes they will work beyond 9 -5. Sometimes they will work on weekends.
There will be many people who will be at your home. Electricians will need to see your electrical supply and plumbers will need to check the water supply and drainage. City and County permit inspectors will show up, along with the drywall crew, the painters, and the HVAC people. Improvement Zone will coordinate all of the subcontractors and keep you informed of their progress.